Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
6.0 stroker
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i have a 2005 ford f350 with the 6.0 in it it has 160,000 miles on it and needed new head gaskets and two injectors. I took it all apart put head studs in, new head gaskets in, oil rail crossover tube, and went ahead and bought new 155cc injectors for it.... the thing is it tries to start but acts like its not getting fuel oil pressure is good have fuel pressure truck will start and run on either but soon dies have checked and everything is pluged in and everything is working.... can someone help :swordfight:

·
6WHOA
51 Posts
how long have u cranked on it

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
cycle the key 6 times.... fuel pressure will show good, but your aireted.... 6 times is the magic number to get all the air out

·
6.0 stroker
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been working on it for 4 or 5 days now turning it over me and a buddy cracked the fuel lines to check for fuel and run air out of it today.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
that doesnt do it.... cycle key 6 times 30 seconds each...

·
6.0 stroker
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope still doing the same thing im barrowing a scan tool thet u can do test on everything and i tured the pump on while my buddy was down and ran the pump about an half hour so shouldnt be any air

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Pull your ICP sensor and make sure you have oil. (crank engine and see if oil comes out) Next crack the plugs on the back of the heads to make sure you have fuel.(cycle the key to turn on fuel pump) Make sure your batteries are fully charged and crank!!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
nope still doing the same thing im barrowing a scan tool thet u can do test on everything and i tured the pump on while my buddy was down and ran the pump about an half hour so shouldnt be any air
What pump is it...stock or aftermarket? The factory pump wont stay running long...maybe 15 seconds or so when the key is on and truck off. If you turn the key on the pump still start but shut off automaticly after a short period.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm guessing you jumpered the pump to stay on...so if you have fuel....put the scan tool on it, check icp while cranking.no high pressure oil, no start.you probably just have air in the hpo system still.or a really big hpo leak.how long would you say you've cranked the engine over total? Its takes a bit to get the air out of the hpo system.and if you use either, please make sure the glow plugs aren't running when you squirt it.

·
6.0 stroker
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can hooked my scan tool up to it and i can turn on and off and test electrical units i used it to turn the pump on with the key was on and while the key was off but its running stock pump.. and i got oil coming out of the oil crossover tube so have oil pressure and the gauge showed good pressure when it ran on either.. but i say i have turned it over about 7 or 8 hours now and nothing has really changed.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You didn't get an injector in right or tight. Then everytime you crank the motor over it is pushing combustion/air into the fuel rails.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
I agree with Jeremy something isnt right, 4 or 5 days ? and its still not running you got problem, you need to back track. Go back thru all your injectors. Why do you have a oil crossover ?

·
6.0 stroker
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will got it running now just bad conections on everything once i cleaned it all i turned the key 6 times and gave it a little fuel and it started right up.

·
Registered
449 Posts
thats what i like to hear! nice job, now go enjoy those 155's

·
6.0 stroker
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and the oil crossover equlizes the oil pressuer in ur oil rails cuz without it one side will have more oil pressure then the other side and it gives ur computer a more acurate reading

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
and the oil crossover equlizes the oil pressuer in ur oil rails cuz without it one side will have more oil pressure then the other side and it gives ur computer a more acurate reading
not necessary with a 6.0 someone sold you a gimmick

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Wow now that's a load of horse crap if I've ever heard one. Seeing how its feed off a branch tube. Basic hydraulics. Pressure is equal in all directions

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Wow now that's a load of horse crap if I've ever heard one. Seeing how its feed off a branch tube. Basic hydraulics. Pressure is equal in all directions
:fordoval::fordoval::fordoval:

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Exactly was Dave and Shawn said. I ran 190s n upgraded oil pump and still never needed it.

·
6.0 stroker
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
idk i will have to drive the truck somemore to see if it helps or hurts but so far seems like the injectors run a little smoother if anything it would make it easy to run a manual oil pressuer gauge.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts