Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for your assistance. I have a late 2004 F-250 that I have put close to 1000 miles on this last week. I returned from a trip on Friday, in which the truck ran flawlessly, pulled into the drive way and shut it down. Went out the next morning and the truck would not start. It has an Edge Juice Platinum on it so I took the chip off and no luck. I pulled the pigtail on the ICP and it still would not start. It did not have any codes stored in it when I checked. I shot a small amount of starting fluid in and no luck. I pulled the cap on the fuel filter on top of the motor and turned the key on and I am getting fuel. The battery's are fully charged and the fluid levels are all okay and the oil and fuel filters were changed 3,000 miles ago. I talked to a Ford Tech in and he suggested plugging in the engine heater and if it was the FICM that was giving me grief that the truck would start. I also checked the voltage on the FICM and when the key is on it is reading 48.6 volts. I have checked fuses and nothing was blown.

I could use any help or suggestions that you may have. I have lost my job so the money I would spend on towing the truck to the closest dealer and to diagnose the issue is my family's food and house payment money. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Do you have access to a scanner by chance?

sounds like an ICP issue but hard to say without looking at some PIDs

·
Word
608 Posts
If you already tried to start it with ICP unplugged I would say either it's an oil pressure issue or FICM....

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Don't not spray a 6.0 ur gonna be asking for trouble. Like I posted in another thread are u getting any oil pressure at the stock gauge ? When ur cranking does it rise n drop bck down ? Or does it hold ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oil pressure on the stock gauge rises and stays while I am cranking. I unfortunately do not have access to a scanner. Could my FICM be bad even though my voltage is still reading so high?

Thanks!

·
Word
608 Posts
There's a PID that you can access that's called SYN...I believe...it tells whether the PCM and FICM are talking to each other....the PID is a YES or NO....if it reads yes then your PCM and FICM are communicating, NO obviously means they aren't...this could be a PCM or FICM concern...

·
Registered
620 Posts
Do you have a security system on the truck?

G

·
Don't not spray a 6.0 ur gonna be asking for trouble. Like I posted in another thread are u getting any oil pressure at the stock gauge ? When ur cranking does it rise n drop bck down ? Or does it hold ?
I have read this question about getting oil pressure on the stock gauge when cranking.. My truck has never had a reading on the stock oil pressure gauge until the truck is running.. Is this not normal?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts