Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've been lurking for a long time and finally created an account.

Here's what's happening, I have been running the sct x4 street tunes for about a year and recently returned to stock trying to get some more mileage and I have power until I go above 2500 rpm. Fuel pressure is at [email protected] [email protected], filters are new, Ipc has good pressure 3,[email protected], relatively new HPOP/update fittings and good oil pressure, barometric pressure reads [email protected] and 14 at idle 3psi of [email protected] I rebuilt the turbo less than 5,000 miles ago and it is okay, boots are solid, aftermarket boost gauge reads about [email protected] What's throwing me off is that I get decent power with any tune I put on but not stock. I'm thinking I have a bad sensor but I'm stumped at what it is. I was hoping one of you guys could help point me in the right direction, thank you in advance

2003 f250, 6.0/auto/4x4. Atlas +40, studded, deleted, 100mm water pump, PPE oil cooler, Blue spring, stock injectors and a bunch more

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,355 Posts
That ebp reading doesn't make any sense to me. Should be reading around 16 psi or so at idle.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the 2003 model even uses the EBP, so those numbers are immaterial. However, if you have a newer flash on your PCM, or even a newer PCM, you may. Either way, just to be sure, I would remove the EBP sensor and clean the tube with a piece of weed whacker line, or something similar. Also, have you checked your MAP sensor or the hose going to it? That could also cause issues like that.

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,821 Posts
should be able to just unplug the ebp and learn something, either it makes a difference or it doesn't :p
and when you pull it, definitely spray the #### off with some carb cleaner just in case! my 6.0 really appreciated me doing that for it...it's an 06 tho
welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
44 Posts
"barometric pressure reads [email protected] and 14 at idle"
The Baro sensor is in the cab behind the fuse box, it should only change when you go higher or lower in altitude
Key on engine off, the MAP, Baro, and EPB should give the same readings

You sure this is not the reading for MAP?
even then, the reading is low

is the MAP sensor hose OK? and the manifold nipple open?

The tunes screw with the numbers anyways, so only stock numbers can be used to troubleshoot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts