Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
06 f550 6.0. with 29000 miles no cab heat at idle. I have checked the coolant for combustion gas found none (does not leak or burn coolant) engine temp runs in normal with new thermostat, changed water pump(pump housing does show wear, I will try to post a picture. egr was deleted with a new oil cooler and coolant flush. I installed a in line pump between the cab heater and water pump which corrected the problem. Im at a loss what to do next.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You could have air in the heater core, if you just changed coolant, waterpump, etc... you can sometimes get air pockets. Open the coolant filler cap, squeeze the main hose (with engine off) and pump a few times you may see air come out. If so thats the problem. I have seen this alot on foreign and GM vehicles...

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
That housing doesn't look the greatest.... :poke:
Could be just from air in the system as said by the_nomad.
How is your coolant level? You wont get any heat if it is too low.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I vacuumed filled the coolant system, the coolant level is always at the level mark in the expansion tank

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
I would look into trying to replace the front cover then.
Looks like cavitation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same issue just posted in a different thread. Ive tried everything. besides a water pump. thermostat, heater core and degas cap nothing work no heat at idle but under and accel it works fine, but once in awhile it will work fine then i get on it and it starts acting up. Im thinking air pocket. but not sure anymore ideas??

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 2004 F250 6.0 liter. I recently bought it from a dealer. before i took it for a test drive i left it warming up for a good 20 minutes but only then started to defrost the windshield. After taking it on the highway i started to get heat, enough to make it comfortable. The coolant was a little under the min mark so i topped it up. The on site technician did mention it could be as simple as a trapped air bubble from being low. One more thing i notice is the temp gauge (not the trans gauge) fluctuates between 'C' and only moves up to maximum a 1/4 way up. Shouldn't it go to 1/2 and stay there? I can see it move up and down from bottom to 1/4 as i drive... anyone else have/had this problem? thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
when you say temp gauge which one? oil or coolant? If they are 15 degrees off of each other start looking at an oil cooler, and if your have excess pressure in the degas bottle Id look at the oil cooler too or possible head gasket. clogged oil cooler starves the egr cooler of coolant. with flash steams and causes pressure which could also throw some hot air pockets in the coolant.. Im deleted thats why I'm stumped.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The coolant gauge, the oil gauge is fine, it stays at halfway mark. The trans temp is fine as well, only the coolant temp stays at cold or 1/4 way up. I will be replacing the t stat this weekend and start from there... start with easiest cheapest step first and work my way up lol. Either way, I will be doing the egr delete in the spring when the weather gets warmer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah I changed my t-stat didn't work the only that that did work was the blend door actuator And that was only for 2 days I'm so stumped.. let me know if it works. I may have gotten a bad one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did you figure out the problem? My next step is replacing the engine front cover(it sounds like you have the same problem I have) I ordered the front cover from ford 2 weeks ago and still has not yet come in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Still too cold here to work on the thermostat. I may suck it up and do it this weekend. It's supposed to get up to 0 degrees Celsius here.... heat wave :S

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried a thermostat twice a water pumper i have no clue. even the belt thinking maybe just maybe.. what would be wrong with the front cover?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts