Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got this truck in January and, other than the drive home from the dealer, have spent all of my time driving in the "city".

Needless to say that the MPG has sucked...like 9-11 mpg.

Last night I hit the interstate to drive about an hour away, got going at about 68 mph, set the cruise, hit reset, and stayed around 21 mpg the whole time. As soon as I got off onto the next road, which has lights, it dropped (rather fast) down to around 15.8 mpg. The spread between city/highway seems WAY off.

The OASIS report shows this truck has never had any warranty work done at a dealer so I am assuming that all the computers are running the same REV they had at assembly.

So the question is two fold. Is this spread "normal" and should I have some flashes done or wait until I get some mods and my tuner?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
to get an accurate mpg you need to hand calculate. the onboard system is not always the most accurate. but its not uncommon for the readings to go down after you start driving in town after an long drive. mine goes down sitting idle at the fuel pump when i stop to fill up on long drives. lol

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
Sounds about right . Actually highway mpg sounds real good , even for the lie-o-meter .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts