Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
PSN
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do some mods on my 05 F250. I currently have a SCT SF3 tuner and I have the egr unplugged and turned off in the tune, and the cat and muffler cut out. Where's a good place to start on mods? Not looking to do anything major, I've got about 500-1000 to spend.

·
R.I.P PSN
1,146 Posts
well for starters do you have gauges?

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
Heres how i list them
#1 Gauges
#2 Coolant filtration system
#3 6.4 Banjo Bolts and fords upgraded spring.

And thats prob about 500-600 there depends who you get your stuff threw and what gauges and how you set them up.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Heres how i list them
#1 Gauges

And thats prob about 500-600 there depends who you get your stuff threw and what gauges and how you set them up.
6.4 Banjo Bolts and Fords upgraded spring? I have never heard of that stuff so please fill me in on what it is cause I have a 6.0 with some mods

·
R.I.P PSN
1,146 Posts
Heres how i list them
#1 Gauges

ding ding ding we have a winner on this one!

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
I recommend the following:
1. Monitoring Device: Displays more than guages and installs way easier and will be cheaper if you compare it to what it can monitor. Edge CTS.
2. Coolant Filter, Coolant flush, and ELC coolant.
3. Regulated Return Fuel kit and/or Airdog II

These will run you about $2k if you dont go the cheap route. IMO (which is the route I dont recommend you take with these motors.) Hope this helps.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Insight CS or CTS with pyro

Blue Spring mod

Possibly fuel pressure EAS expansion for CS or CTS, would be pretty cool

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Thanks guys I was thinking about gauges and now they will be my next purchase. Edge the best way to go?
Cts. Is the best total package. Love mine.

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
6.4 Banjo Bolts and Fords upgraded spring? I have never heard of that stuff so please fill me in on what it is cause I have a 6.0 with some mods
Well the 6.0 banjo bolt have check valves in them the 6.4 bolts do not. They flow better. The blue spring from ford helps keeps the fuel pressure up. If I recall right the 6.0 bolts semi starve the rear injectors under wot.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well the 6.0 banjo bolt have check valves in them the 6.4 bolts do not. They flow better. The blue spring from ford helps keeps the fuel pressure up. If I recall right the 6.0 bolts semi starve the rear injectors under wot.
Ok, thanks for lettin me know. Guess thats somethin Ill get since the trucks apart

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
oh yea it'll be so much better doing it when the thing is apart. the driver side is a pita with the radiator hose whoopin up on ya haha.

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Me too. It is the best mod I have done to my truck aside from the 8in stack. LOL. I know it is expensive but is totally worth it IMO. I have it expanded to read EGTs and Fuel Pressure and when it was all said and done I have about $750. I know that is steep but is still cheaper than 4 high quality, full sweep, electric gauges and is installed way easier than single gauges and monitors way more. hope this helps

·
Registered
650 Posts
I say spend the money on an Edge Insight Cts with the egt and fuel pressure options. The flush the cooling system and switch to ELC and put a coolant filter on.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
A BatMoWheel for your stock turbo would be a nice option as well.
Edge CS or CTS is a great monitoring system.

PM me, i can get you the wheel, edge, and get you set up on a coolant filter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts