Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes my dumb ass dropped one of my bolts from my hpop down where the pump goes what do I do next how can I get it out plz help :eek:

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
:whs:

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
113 Posts
Can you see it? If not oil pan r&r. You might get Lucky and be able to fish it out through the oil drain plug hole, again with said flex magnet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope can't see it u think if i remove the oil pan I'll be able to find it read somewhere else that someone had to remove the transmission nd take off a cover that's bk there what would be better ? Thnx in advance

·
Registered
113 Posts
You do not have to pull the trans, unbolt the engine mounts jack up the front if the engine until the studs on the engine mounts are flush with the frame. Then the oil pan will slide out, but you have to remove the oil pickup tune with the lower pan dropped then it will come all the way out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The only other place place it could be is behind the gears of the camshaft/crankshaft. Then trans r&r, then you'd have to remove the engine rear cover. Ask me how I know lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK when I get my day off I'll remove the oil pan nd hopefully it's in there I heard it fall I thought it had fallen to the floor but I looked everywhere nd no luck :( so it has to be in there cuz I clearly heard it going down ....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Try just draining the oil first, beat around on the pan with a mallet and see if you can even hear it. If it's in the bottom you'll hear it. If it's on the upper oil pan you might get lucky. Best of luck. Tell us what happens

·
Registered
34 Posts
When you drain the oil get you a speaker magnet or something to move around the bottom of the pan. I hope its there and you can fish it out. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts