Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 6.0, been having issues with it eating coolant, not burning it, no idea where it is going, replaced reservoir cap, egr delete and oil cooler, still losing coolant, seems to be worse when i build over 20 pounds on the turbo, now i have no oil pressure, checked oil 3 times, was full, checked again the next day was empty, bought oil to refill, checked before i filled was full again, still no oil pressure, trucks starts and runs, so there has to be some pressure, but i do not let the truck run very long as i dont want to burn up a bearing or throw a rod, please someone help.......

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Are you checking your oil properly? You need to let it sit for 15 minutes on flat surface before you check it. What brand oil filter do you use? Any smoke out the exhaust? Any white residue on the degass bottle? You may just have a bad coolant cap. You may have the dreaded headgasket problem. You may have.... Test,verify,repair.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, yeah, truck had not been started for 2 days when i checked and it showed no oil, DOES NOT BLOW WHITE SMOKE WHEN STARTED OR RUNNING OR EVEN UNDER A LOAD, cap replaced, no white residue on the degas bottle, it is blowing coolant all over the motor, that is why i replaced the cap, didnt fix the problem, so i figured it was building exhaust pressure in the system, so i did an egr delete and new oil cooler, still losing coolant, i figure the coolant issue is the head gasket, but have no idea why it now has zero oil pressure, like i said, starts and runs, and does not start hard, starts as easy as ever.....

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
Have you checked oil pressure with a GUAGE?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have not put a gauge on it yet, the oil pressure problem started 3 weeks after the egr delete and oil cooler being replaced

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,328 Posts
The oil pressure sending unit is really a switch and not a true pressure guage. It is really not worth much.

As Len said - your truck wouldn't be starting if you didn't actually have oil flow and pressure.

As far as disappearing coolant .................. it is either a leak or it is going through the engine. Why do you say that you are sure it isn't burning it? Even if you don't see white smoke, you could still be losing coolant through the engine.

All of what you said seems to add up to a bad EGR cooler and now a leaking oil cooler. What does the coolant degas bottle look like? Is there a steady circulation of fluid? Does the fluid that is in there look like normal coolant?

·
professional slacker
632 Posts
How fast is it loosing coolant? It could be a bad hose that only leaks while under pressure.

·
New F250 Owner
7 Posts
My '06 6.0 was losing coolant. I got a new head gasket with aftermarket studs and this fixed the problem. They also replaced the HPOP, but I think the coolant issue was the head gasket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts