Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed that my 2007 F250 6.0 was leaking a small amount of antifreeze. It did this at two different times. It wasn't very much. It is leaking in the same place that I had powersteering fluid leaking from the hydroboost lines. Anybody have any suggestions. This truck has had recent steering issues resolved and wasn't sure if it was caused by the replacement of the new steering box. Anybody have any idea where to start.:ford:

·
Registered
383 Posts
My buddy's 05 is doing the same thing. It only leaks off when it sits and cools down but while driving it doesn't leak at all. We're leaning toward HG and will know tomorrow

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,215 Posts
A bad head gasket will not leak coolant externally.

Pressure up the degas bottle to 15 psig and see if you can find the leak.

A cracked degas bottle is not uncommon if all the hoses check out.

·
Certified Engine Destroye
533 Posts
If somebody was working around that corner of the engine, you might check the plastic "Y" fitting off the bottom of the degas bottle. They break easy sometimes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since this is my first PS motor and diesel any tips will help. I checked the cap and the y fitting and no obvious leaks. I was wondering if there is an overflow on the degas bottle. I am below min on the bottle and it hasn't leaked until yesterday. The leak was also dripping the a-arm thingamajig. Not sure what it is called in the superdutys. It would be called the a arm in thr front of an independent suspension. It also looked wet on the front diff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts