Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have 06 6.0 with some small mods done to it, 5 months ago replaced the FICM for brand new one, just installed coolant filter kit a month ago, has an EGR delete, intake, exhaust, etc. Over the last 3-4 months I've noticed a loss in power which didn't seem to be a huge deal. But lately I've been getting white smoke coming from the exhaust at idle and when you start it up. It's not billowing out but just enough to where you can see it. It does that every now and then but not all the time. I just noticed my injectors not "buzzing" anymore when turning the key... Temps all seem to be close together and where they should be somewhat. Any idea on what is causing these issues or issue, if there connected or different issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this 6.0 and trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks!

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
First thing, is there any codes?

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Codes are a good thing, it tells you where to start. Are you using a scanner capable of reading codes on your truck? some of these cheapo code readers/scanners are worthless.
If really doesn't have any codes then it's not to the point yet that it will set codes.
It sounds like you have stiction going on, and to 100% diagnose that you need a special tester called a G2 by Hickok, you-tube it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.