Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 6.0 intercooler a really good upgrade for a 2002 7.3? Its a 2003 model. How much will the egts drop.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
IMHO, no.

I saw less then a 50* drop

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats the best thing I can do to lower egts. I have 02 with f8 dp tuner, intake, exhaust, wicked wheel. 1.0 ar housing on stock turbo, diy regulated return. I think thats all.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
What are your EGT's?

With those mods you should really have no issues towing anything you want on a 80-100hp setting...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the econ 80 i have to back out of it to keep running the egts over 1200.
Which my toy hauler weights 10,000 or more. Without anything behind it on 120 aggressive it will get to high before I get to od.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
On the econ 80 i have to back out of it to keep running the egts over 1200.
Which my toy hauler weights 10,000 or more. Without anything behind it on 120 aggressive it will get to high before I get to od.
Down shift... I assume your only having issues when pulling hills and such, but on the flats your fine?

I would look for exhaust leaks, boost leaks, and or turbo issues.

My truck weighs 9k, my trailer is 12k and I have NO issues towing in my mild setting on the flats. This is with 250/200 hybrids and 37's.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the f8 used and all it has is stock, econ 80, 120 aggressive, 140 extreme. I need to get a tow tune burnt into it. Yeah on the flats Im fine just pulling hills which I figured I would have to back out of it. What is a good turbo ugrade for me? Im going to put a set of new injectors in sometime but they will not be to big because I do alot of towing.

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
yea i wouldnt tow in the 80 eco tune.. a good turbo would be a stock h2e or a qssb..

·
2nd class citizen
797 Posts
Get some tow tunes and check your injector o rings.I had 1 torn in #7 cyclinder and caused my egt's to run high when pulling.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Shift out of overdrive and let the truck work...

RPM's are your friend. Lugging when pulling leads to high EGT's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts