·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I hope you didn't pay a pretty penny for it. It's only gonna reduce egts ~100*

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the guy im getting it from seems uninterested but he is charging 50 with all the tubing to go with it.

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
It for the most part bolts right in, If you have a auto, you gotta move the trans cooler. Also im pretty sure the hot side boot is different, Gotta have a longer, and smaller boot. Some of the site sponsors sell the conversion boot. I had one at one time, Ended up selling it, didnt feel like messing with all the bs. My turbo seems to keep my EGTs at check.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
You will need a 8" long boot for the hot side pipe. You will also need a 3.25" to 3" reducer for the cold side pipe. Other than that it bolts right in.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
3x3x8'' boot and 3x3.25x8'' boot (transition hose) and one new boot clamp.
Dieselsite sells the kit also.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
I saw minimal difference, ended up messing up my factory trans cooler and then split the plastic end tanks when I hit 60 pounds of boost.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
I saw minimal difference, ended up messing up my factory trans cooler and then split the plastic end tanks when I hit 60 pounds of boost.
Sometimes you might have to relocate the tranny cooler lines or just upgrade to a 6.0 tranny cooler.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
That's what I tried and one broke and then spent 300+ on a new 6.0 cooler from ford the next day.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I saw about 200* drop when i put it in my truck.. and If your not making 35-40psi of boost imho you dont need the special boots... I stretched what i needed and clamped down tighter what i needed to and it all worked. but hey, im cheap lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts