618 Posts

·
Native Californian
618 Posts

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 ·
Been a hot minute, but after a few 14hr days too many, I have finally gotten this thing on the road. Been driving it around this weekend, and its been doing great so far. No real complaints yet, just gotta figure out how to make it ride like the 1/4 ton pickup I have grown used to driving in lieu of this thing haha.
It seems that the trac bar has already given up the ghost, more specifically, the stupid ball joint on the axle, so its a good thing I preemptively got an upgraded hiem joint trac bar. I took it into the mountains almost right off the bat, so maybe that has something to do with it. Sounds great, temps are great (big deltas with the air-to-oil cooling), and overall has great power. Still breaking it in mind you, so im not ripping on it yet, but that will come.
Its not done yet though, still some things to wrap up like the A/C system, amp steps, interior touch-ups, tint, stuff like that. But the biggest hurdles are behind me, which is a great feeling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This awesome, great work!

Im new to this forum but Im working on a really similar project. Single cab OBS onto an 07 chassis and keeping the 7.3L.

Ill have to reach out to you and Lt.Dan.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #430 ·
I still haven't gotten it completely finished, no. I was actually going to go back and revisit that soon though, so maybe I can get some pictures then. Any in particular you are looking for? It still sits the same as it did before, I just need to figure out why the blend door(s) don't work, and patch some holes in the air ducts.

·
Let'er Buck!
1,694 Posts
I still haven't gotten it completely finished, no. I was actually going to go back and revisit that soon though, so maybe I can get some pictures then. Any in particular you are looking for? It still sits the same as it did before, I just need to figure out why the blend door(s) don't work, and patch some holes in the air ducts.
Just wanting to see how the cluster fits in the older dash, stereo and hvac controls, etc.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #433 ·
Just wanting to see how the cluster fits in the older dash, stereo and hvac controls, etc.
I will try to get some pictures here this weekend. Cluster fits terribly by any professionals standards, it's too big for the cavity the old cluster sits in, so I had to cut out some of the dash. Never got the plexiglass cover to fit in, so it isn't that great looking. I can't do custom stuff with hard plastic, so I figure I will just leave it instead of destroying stuff.
Stereo fits completely the same, just ordered one for an 05 and ordered a trim kit for a 95 instead of an 05 as well. Could go either way, just easier in the wiring dept.
HVAC is something I am not proud of lol...

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
How has this turned out? Have you finished the build? I am preparing to start this same build and would like to keep in touch for more in depth details on doing this. Would a body lift instead of changing firewalls have worked?

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #435 ·
How has this turned out? Have you finished the build? I am preparing to start this same build and would like to keep in touch for more in depth details on doing this. Would a body lift instead of changing firewalls have worked?
It turned out as well as a hacked up mess could haha. It's "mostly finished". It runs well and drives well, everything but the AC works because im too lazy to go thru the effort. Truth be told, im probably gonna sell it at some point.
I imagine a body lift would definitely accomplish the same thing, yea. Looking back at it I maybe should've done that instead.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

421 - 436 of 436 Posts