Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

381 - 385 of 385 Posts

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
Surprisingly, Pro-Demand was of no help. Maybe I didn't look well enough, but I think I will start with swapping the FICM with a spare I have laying around since its so accessible, and I'll work my way from there. GPCM was also shot, so I just got a new one in today to replace that as well. Soon all my modules will be new at this rate haha.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #382
FICM didnt change anything. I noticed on the scanner that the FICM ignition voltage quickly drops to 9v when I start cranking it, but I am honestly not sure if that would keep it from syncing with the PCM.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It was the ground...
Pink/yellow wire? Bastard got me too lol

As for the ficm sync, just getting caught up here, have you checked for cam/crank sync? After doing some quick reading those need to be on point before the ficm will sync. I've heard of damaged crank tone rings causing problems too. I'll check what my ficm voltage drops to with my SCT tomorrow

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
Yea last I checked it had cam/crank sync, but I ordered a motorcraft pigtail for the cam sensor anyways, just because of how common the problem with broken wires seems to be. I tried some other good batteries, same thing, voltage still drops pretty quickly. Haven't gotten around to checking for missed grounds either, so that and the pigtail is next.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
I sure hope it wouldn't be a damaged tone ring...

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

381 - 385 of 385 Posts