Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

361 - 368 of 368 Posts

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Gotta know....what are the 20+ foot cables for?
Battery relocation. I can take some pictures later of how it is so far. Didn't have enough room in the engine bay for 1 battery much less 2, so I am forced to go this route.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
That's a lot of wire! Like the professional look of it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Is that welding cable? If so, I can't recommend enough to shrink wrap it with marine grade shrink wrap. Welding cable isn't oil resistant and will swell and the cover will deteriorate when oil and fuel get on it.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
It might be the same as welding cable, all I know is that it was recommended for use as battery cables, especially over the distance I would be covering. Thanks for the heads up though.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #366 (Edited)
Got it cranking today. Here is some video proof for yall. Very close to getting it running, I am pretty sure I will need to tune it to get it there, or at least running half decently, and that stuff is very expensive for me, so it might be a minute. I am still hunting after a few misc parts, like the 2 brake lines from the ABS module to the master cylinder. I can still run it without stuff like that, but that tune will take a while for me to allocate money for, so im hoping to wrap up stuff like that in the meantime. Getting it road ready will be another section entirely, but that is for later. For now, I am sitting back, enjoying this small (major) victory in my constant wrestling match with this thing...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You might not be all the way there yet, but this is a major step forward!

Where did you get that wrap for the turbo? And what brand alternator is that? I'm assuming it's an HO unit?

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
You might not be all the way there yet, but this is a major step forward!

Where did you get that wrap for the turbo? And what brand alternator is that? I'm assuming it's an HO unit?
It's a PTP Turbo Blanket iirc. The alternator is a DC Power 270 amp alt. Has a built in clutch and all sorts of things. Super cool unit.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

361 - 368 of 368 Posts