Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

341 - 356 of 356 Posts

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Thanks guys, more to come soon hopefully. The mirrors on it will come off in favor of some brand new Ford oem tripod mirrors painted black. The driver mirror has a bent leg, and I think the passenger mirror is dented as well, but if someone really wanted them...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks guys, more to come soon hopefully. The mirrors on it will come off in favor of some brand new Ford oem tripod mirrors painted black. The driver mirror has a bent leg, and I think the passenger mirror is dented as well, but if someone really wanted them...
When you get around to replacing them and if you are interested in selling them, hit me up. I need something better for my rig than the dental mirrors it has. It sucks when backing up big trailers lol. And mine sees heavy trail use, it is not a show piece. So I don't mind the extra character of some dents and dings.

·
Project Shamu
2,804 Posts
Try towing a 102" wide trailer with Nemo mirrors... lol.

I would like a set of tow mirrors too, but nothing quite matches my build.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Try towing a 102" wide trailer with Nemo mirrors... lol.

I would like a set of tow mirrors too, but nothing quite matches my build.
I've been searching the webs trying to find a good solution for the mirrors. Not a big fan of a lot of the custom jobs out there, and with a wing window and the factory mounts, it does make it tough to find something that will be effective and match the looks of our trucks.

·
Project Shamu
2,804 Posts
I've been searching the webs trying to find a good solution for the mirrors. Not a big fan of a lot of the custom jobs out there, and with a wing window and the factory mounts, it does make it tough to find something that will be effective and match the looks of our trucks.
Yeah the Chevy or dodge tow mirrors just never look right. I also dont like loosing the wing window. They say it still opens, but it only opens like half way which is f*cling useless.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
A little, but its been pretty quiet. I've been in between jobs for a bit, and I no longer have access to a facility to work on this thing on, so its put a bit of a damper on progress. I want to get this running before August, so I imagine I'll have more to say about it between now and then.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
It was, it had most of what I needed. At least I was able to get some good use out of it while I was there.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
We're not dead yet....
A couple pictures I took the other day. Been working on it non-stop as much as I can for the last week or so. Hoping more to come soon.

20200626_092349_HDR.jpg

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
Heres some more pictures. My goal is to have the dash in by tomorrow, but I think we all know how deadlines go here. Currently working on getting as much of the firewall sound-deadened as I can. Also managed to fit the trans cooler up (upside down yes, but I can't muster up any better solution at the moment), and I should still have room enough for the AC condenser later on as long as I cut the header panel, which I've already chopped a considerable amount out of.

Best news I have right now though, is that I scored some super duty heated power seats, front and rear, for $300. Someone painted them gray, but they were originally tan, which you can kinda see in the pics. No tears or rips, aside from the armrests. Also scored some semi-new interstates, an 06 lariat 130k mile cluster, and a hydroboost unit from the same guy. Will attempt to keep updated as I am doing as much as I can muster to get this thing road ready by the end of July, at which point I have a trip to go on, and I desperately want to take it out finally.

(Swamp Thing is almost at 350k, still running well and still going into overdrive way too soon)

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
Thanks man. Been a road thats proved to be much longer and tougher than it should've been realistically, but thats what you get when you get in over your head. Experience has been a good teacher though, thats for sure.

·
Native Californian
408 Posts
That's some pretty serious progress man! Good deal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

341 - 356 of 356 Posts