Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

321 - 340 of 368 Posts

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Ok guys, are you ready for the (in my opinion) coolest update for this thing I have given yet?

Ladies and bros, I finally got my flatbed today!!

Delivered by @Lt.Dan himself on the back of Shamu this morning! 12.5 hr drive he told me. Getting to meet him in person was pretty cool I must say. On top of delivering it, and helping me get it set on the back of my truck as well, he also broke out a 3D scanner to...well scan stuff. So, you know, this isn't the last show piece of his going on this thing. Y'all will have to stay tuned for that though. I still need to get the bed powder coated, but one thing at a time am I right? Also, please excuse any Cali lean or Jersey squat or whatever people call it. I plan on fixing that soon.
No boxes or hitch put on, because thats more effort than I want to expend just to take it all apart again for paint.

Ok, enough talk, more pics!!!

More pictures to come after paint.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Looks nice on the back of your beast! The dually sticking out the side gives it a certain rakeish look.

Cj

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
I've been able to nail down 2 quotes for powder so far, one is over double what the other is...cheaper one is potentially a couple weeks out though. Im also leaning towards getting the deck bed lined instead of just powdered.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
Took some time today to get some more things out of the way that have been in line for a bit.

I decided to move the degas bottle/wiper fluid tank over to the passenger side where it should be, albeit a bit farther forward than factory due to the hvac unit there. Im trying to find a suitable Tee/ 3 way reducer fitting so I can plumb the degas into the lower rad hose. That is proving to be very difficult at the moment.

Got the radiator in as well, I was putting it off because Im lazy sometimes. Had to modify the mounting tabs pretty well to clear the intercooler, but it fits like a glove now. A bit tight, but I should still be able to fit the boots on the cooler.

Next, I mounted the vacuum pump and vacuum reservoir. Managed to stuff them both into the corner where I used to have the degas bottle. Im pretty happy with it, and it should now leave me plenty of room for an air intake now.

Lastly, I finally made myself install the traction bars. (I hate drilling). Turned out nice, so now I will be able to do some nice burnouts.

Just about every person at work and anyone else who comes through mentions the bed and asks to see it. Can't wait to get paint on it.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
Thanks man I appreciate it. I should be almost caught up on the "in the meantime" things. Just waiting on some bigger things now mostly, like bed paint and some brackets.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Its always those little things that are the most time consuming it seems. Is that a 6.4 degas bottle? I'm also super jealous of all of that room you have in the front. I figured the aero nose would have a little more space but damn, my setup looks like its gonna be way tighter

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
Thats an OEM obs 7.3 degas bottle. I made the mistake of assuming there would be more room as well. That has not panned out well. Thats why my batteries will be stored in my flatbed haha.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Some times you just have to compromise I guess lol. That'd be sweet to have a battery box set up like a semi truck. Keeps things nice and neat. Have you figured out what you're going to do for a bumper yet? So far thats been the one big thing on my mind. The frame rails are definitely going to need to be shortened so the bumper doesnt stick out 8 feet. Almost wish I could've found a coil truck. Definitely gonna have to notch my front spring hangers lol

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
You're not gonna believe me, but I am having @Lt.Dan build me a front bumper haha. He 3D scanned the front of the truck and everything. The plan right now is to leave the frame horns as is and build it around that.

Yea, I knew that this project was going to be pretty intensive (still surpassed my expectations), so I didnt want anything earlier than 05. Coils, and a better updated engine.

·
Project Shamu
2,860 Posts
Shoot can I get on the order list for one of them bumpers lol. Thats awesome. Looking forward to seeing that come together! Truck is lookin sweet though!
That is, assuming your cab sits in the same place that @Cummins Junkie cab sits in.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #334
Finally got the bed powder coated this week, got it back yesterday afternoon. Looks really clean, Im very happy with it. Didn't get it on today, as I spent it doing the final things that I don't want to do once its on for good.
Had to move the passenger side upper shock mount to be located behind the axle, as the axle has both shocks situated behind it, instead of one in front and one behind like the 05's.
Took the spare tire and factory hitch off as well. Should be a little faster now once it runs and drives.
Also ended up removing the overload springs; after I added some blocks (to get rid of the lean), the U-bolts were suddenly too short. They also kept rusting out and just generally looking horrible, so I painted them and am waiting overnight for them to cure up. (cleaned them up first obviously). It might actually be too high in the rear now...guess we will see tomorrow.
Got those pesky oil cooler mounts put on today as well, after a measly 5 months of waiting for someone else to do it. Fits great, seriously, if you need some brackets or what not I highly recommend hitting up @Lt.Dan for it.

I will post more pictures tomorrow of the bed on. I almost can't believe its really coming together for real.

Reactions: Shovel

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
Slight change of plans, going to get the deck bed-lined tomorrow morning, so I don't have to worry about the exposed metal anymore. Then it will be going on. Anyone following this will know when it gets there...

So yea, not getting it on today.

·
Project Shamu
2,860 Posts
Siiiick 🤟

·
Registered
646 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Registered
193 Posts