Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 368 Posts

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a large sum of cash in my hands to fool around with, so this is the mistake im going to dump it in! Its going to be interesting.

Just purchased the donor 6.0 today. 05 F250 XL with a 6" fabtech lift, no bed, wheels, or driver side doors! Guy I bought it from claimed the oil cooler took a dump and it was left abandoned in an empty towing yard 5yrs ago. Yay! completely factory; no studs, no delete, nothing. No title - No problem.

Stay tuned for the tear down and rebuild and finding out what obs I find to stuff it in. Will definitely be a cclb.

Hopefully these images work (can't see them in the preview):

·
Native Texan
9,071 Posts
no the pics are broken

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet. So @heavydoc can be happy that it finally did.? And @Turd-250 "WILL" be blamed for.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just fixed them I think.

·
Native Texan
9,071 Posts
Just fixed them I think.
yeah already subscribed waiting to see what happens.

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet. So @heavydoc can be happy that it finally did.? And @Turd-250 "WILL" be blamed for.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Awsome, ill be following.

·
PSN intsigator
6,861 Posts
Subscribed, this could get interesting

Sent from my Samsung Note 5 while waiting for @masakimm's phone to catch fire, which @Turd-250 will probably be blamed for?

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
One day I want to do this to either a brick nose or a dentside.. Good Luck!
I've tossed around the idea of this as well. Late 70's F350 dually. Ditch the flatbed and add some fenders to a standard bed. Charcoal gray with black rims, and the engine everyone loves to hate breathing under that big flat hood.

I'm in....let's see this thing progress

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,281 Posts
Nice. What did you pay for the 6.0.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice. What did you pay for the 6.0.
Too much. Close to 4k. But based on what the individual parts like the axles and suspension are worth around here, it was a pretty good deal. Hoping to start ripping things apart this weekend.

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
Around here a used 6.0 goes anywhere between $2500-4000, so I’d say you got a decent deal, as long as the engine is good. Hope you don’t find one of the famous hidden 6.0 secrets when you open it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Let'er Buck!
1,685 Posts
I don't see a rear axle in the pictures...

I like the idea of this project!!

Since you have a complete cclb drivetrain, you'd be better off to mount the OBS cab and bed onto he newer frame than to retrofit everything.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't see a rear axle in the pictures...

I like the idea of this project!!

Since you have a complete cclb drivetrain, you'd be better off to mount the OBS cab and bed onto he newer frame than to retrofit everything.
Rear axle was in the bed of my truck when pic was taken. I had considered that, but that truck has no title, and I don't want to deal with trying to get one for it, so I'd rather get a truck with a known good title to fit it all to. Who knows though, I'm kinda taking this one day at a time!

·
Let'er Buck!
1,685 Posts
Rear axle was in the bed of my truck when pic was taken. I had considered that, but that truck has no title, and I don't want to deal with trying to get one for it, so I'd rather get a truck with a known good title to fit it all to. Who knows though, I'm kinda taking this one day at a time!
Not sure what state you're in so don't know the laws.

Doesn't the title follow the VIN on the cab? Not the frame? Do they even stamp the frames anymore with the VIN like they did back in the day?

If you get an OBS with a good title, the inspection, registration, and title info would be from it. Not the frame. And frankly, why would you even disclose that the frame/suspension is different? No need to in my opinion... But I'm basing that off of the states I've lived in where it wouldn't matter.

I'm just thinking, it were my project in my state, I'd rather have the updated chassis under the old titled body. Simply shorten the frame slightly for the correct wheel base, have the drive line shortened slightly, and do body mounts. It would likely be much less time invested going this way than to adapt everything to the old frame.

·
Because I can!!!
1,637 Posts
Put it in a bumpside!!! Ive got a regular cab thats getting a 6.0 or 7.3 someday. Oooo or put it in a 2500 3rd gen dodge just to piss people off

·
PSN intsigator
6,861 Posts

·
Project Shamu
2,860 Posts
This. Epic.

1 - 20 of 368 Posts