Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fst 1ton
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumped !! Ive searched a lot for this and there is lots of good advice but not from anyone who has solved it,
Was getting eot's at 240-250 and would not go down, Started by flushing many times with vc-9, added coolant filter, drove for bout another 3k miles after flushed , and now did egr delete, & new oil cooler, no problems for about a month, today was towing and eot jumped back up 250, and ect got up to 230, fan never kicked on, im out of $ id hate to replace another cooler, and dump $ into jus trying to figure out what works , id apreciate help !!

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
I don't think there is any way to clean that oil cooler. If those oil temps are that high I'd really flush the cooling system good before I change the oil cooler again.

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
The fan not working could have something to do with the egr delete. What year is the truck, is the cel on, the egr valve plugged in?

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
With your oil temp that high you should hear the fan kick in and yes with some flash versions without an electrically connected EGR valve your fan clutch will not reach 100% engagement. BPD makes an adaptor so you can toss the PCM controlled fan clutch and put in a 7.3 type fan clutch which is strictly air temperature controlled. Personally I think it's a step backwards since there are many parameters that control the electronic fan clutch.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Fst 1ton
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Truck is "05", i have cel on, but i do have codes, p0480 and other related to egr, , egr is connected and in place, i have to tow an excavator tomorrow, so i wired up the fan mod on switch, ill watch the temps as i go up the steep grades, around town and no load my eot's average 230, towing they stay around 245, need truck for work and just cant afford to park it or put $,

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
With ECT that high I'd start looking at my tstat and maybe the water pump flow. Do your temps quickly go back to an acceptable range if you stop and do a high idle?

·
Fst 1ton
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Truck has been runnin good, and havent seen temps get above 210, eot climbs up to about 245 under heavy load, but jus in highway on flatland ect bout 190 and eot about 238, so far ect's have been good no problems there, just eot is high,

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
You definitely need to get at that oil cooler and figure out why it's not doing it's job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts