Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
I believe so, you can get a dowel pin converter kit on eBay so new heads fit your 18mm dowels. Someone told me brand new heads from Ford come with the dowel pin converter also.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Any heads you buy from ford now will be 05+ heads but will come with adapters for 03-04 blocks. Yes they will work but you need the dowels to step them.

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
the head gasket kits from ford come with the dowel converter and yes the heads will work

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i looked for the conversion kit through google but my computer is acting a bit like a tard, have a price or link to them?

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
you have to buy head gaskets right? the oem ford gaskets come with the adapters.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Check this item number out on eBay 220839387726 for the dowel converter.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow ok 25 bucks lol. good stuff , didnt know if they would have some stupid price on them or not, can never tell, thanks for all the help everyone !!!

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Yes most do not recommend Black Onyx

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Black onyx gaskets are trash

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
i recently just redid a stud jub someone else did in a bone stock 6.0 with black onxy gaskets,they failed less than 6 months after.oem gaskets get the job done if you have a good surface and prep the block properly.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why the Hell would u install black onyx on them after all the responses? WTF?
Obviously you didn't read my post (arps + stock gaskets I guess)

Second this is on a buddies truck and I was posting the question for him about heads (although I did not specify not that it really matters hence the were, as in they were going to put black onyx gaskets.) Like I said this is not for my truck, mine is running fine. Thanks everyone for the responses, except the duesh response.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
just for a lil input my black onyx gaskets held for right at 20k miles that included towing the race truck to pheonix last year for the season opener, 1300 miles on a race tune and it performed perfectly... 2 months later playing around on the street in my other race tune, which i had run many times on factory headbolts and gaskets before the black onyx with arp's i blew them.... never crossed 30 psi..... i will be redoing it with factory gaskets and upgrading to 175's next month w/e i manage to get some time off work..... factory hg's ftmfw

1 - 20 of 21 Posts