Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me what the best head gasket to use is. and why are the factory gaskets supposedly the best choice?

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
because in the thousands if not millions of gaskets jobs that have been done they have shown to be the best consistently. if you want to go out an be the guinea pig for some new product then go for it, hopefully it works, but if not you can't say you weren't warned

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
because in the thousands if not millions of gaskets jobs that have been done they have shown to be the best consistently. if you want to go out an be the guinea pig for some new product then go for it, hopefully it works, but if not you can't say you weren't warned
Exactly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well no I don't want to do that I was just curious as to why everyone liked the oem gaskets so well. thanks for the info

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
has anyone ever tried to use Komatsu Super Coolant AF-NAC? it has the same properties as the cat-ELC coolant, so I feel like it would be just as good if not better. I work at a komatsu dealer and can get it cheap is why im asking.

·
Registered
406 Posts
oem gaskets always and im sure that coolant should be ok

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks a lot, I thought it would be but I wasn't for sure. I have never heard of anyone using it but im sure if we put this super coolant in our Tier 4 machines with all the egr and dpf emission controls installed it should be ok in a 6.0 with no egr lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts