Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
my friend have a 2005 f350 dually, now he planning install egr del kit , ARP, RR, airdog.
And he think about programmer, SCT or Black Maxx . I see that many people there running SCT with custom tunes, but no feedback about Black Maxx. Why ? Anyone running Black Maxx on 6.0 ? I did see 6.7 running Black Maxx and its very good.

·
Registered
668 Posts
H&s are great on 6.4 haven't heard much of anything about the 6.0 was told once sct with custom tunes can't be beat but idk. But I'm tuned in and would like to hear about this also

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
H&S is great for the new 6.7's, but honestly...if you have a 6L or a 6.4, nothing will come close to the SCT and custom tunes.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
MattP is about the only one I know running the H&S on the 6.0

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
KEM can do custom tunes for the H&S for a 6.0.

The only problem is the H&S cost a lot more and there is only one or two guys writing tunes for them. SCT is less expensive and many more options.

You lose the change on the fly with the custom tunes with the H&S too. It will have to be shut off and reprogrammed just like the SCT does.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KEM can do custom tunes for the H&S for a 6.0.

You lose the change on the fly with the custom tunes with the H&S too. It will have to be shut off and reprogrammed just like the SCT does.

I did see KEM site, i understanood that custom file will be only in the future, not now.
Power can not be changed on fly like on 6.7 ?

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
You can if you don't use custom tunes. The custom tunes you can't shift on the fly. The transmission is physically incapable of taking adjustments on the fly like that, needs to be shut off and reprogrammed. If you're shifting on the fly, your trans is NOT being tuned. H&S just recommends a trans relearn after every shift on the fly switch.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. understand.
How good pre-loaded files ? What mpg ?
Who can write custom file ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you, will see to SCT....