Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went camping this week and guy next to me had a custom 5" exhaust on his truck. I thought he had more when I first heard the truck, could really hear the turbo whining up quickly. Anyway, since his was custom and he is from another state, I am seeking recommendations. He said this is the only mod on his truck and he gained 3 mpg pulling his RV trailer.

Any of you have recommendations for what I should look for to possibly add this mod to my truck?

Thanks

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
:whs::bsflag:Most exhaust come with a 3.5" downpipe. You will really hear the whistle with a 4" DP. Any exhaust shop can make you a "custom" exhaust. Easier to just buy one. Lots of vendors here that can hook you up with a good set up.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Agreed, love my Flo Pro exhaust. Sounds like a jet engine when u turn the truck off.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If you just want to hear the turbo, cut the damn thing off. Turn down somewhere where the cat should be. Lol

3 mpg? I dont think so. I had to buy a tuner for that

·
PSN Local
586 Posts
I have 4" DP hooked to a 4" straight pipe and it whistles real loud! Sounds good and it performs a little better even though it's stock IMO.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
Use the MBRP 3.5" downpipe and MBRP cat delete pipe. Find a local shop to cut out the muffler and enjoy the whistle.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hell, a reciprocating saw will cut the muffler out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts