Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is most likely a dumb question, but has anyone ever heard of exhaust manifolds becoming plugged? On a 6.0. Or at least restricted??

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
Nope never heard of it. But I do know that the 6.4 guys are using 6.0 manifolds.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tanks for the reply, I was wondering cause my truck has seriuos turbo flutter... I have changed every part and related sensor. Another dum question has anyone ever heard of a 5" magna flow exhaust becoming plugged??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ding, Ding, Ding, you just addressed you problem. You likely don't have enough back pressure for your turbo to function properly. Have you always had the flutter or did it start to occure after the exhaust upgrade.

·
Registered
327 Posts
A muffler or cat yes, an open exhaust no. Any idea on what kind of boost your running, maybe sticking vanes in the turbo

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ding, Ding, Ding, you just addressed you problem. You likely don't have enough back pressure for your turbo to function properly. Have you always had the flutter or did it start to occure after the exhaust upgrade.
You don't want back pressure.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did the up pipes already, truck sounds like its sucking air for all its worth, Cant find any leaks, thinking it may be a blockage now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It makes around 25-27 psi. I have a new powermax turb on it now, its only a few weeks old.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seem to be, all new, new clamps, im looking for any ideas though

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry I missed that post I have had the exhaust for 3 - 4 years never had an issue till now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.