Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a '05 powerstroke about 5 months ago. I have had several exhaust leaks repaired since I got it (y-pipe and manafold gaskets). I'm still having several problems and I'm looking for some advice. Everything is stock except for the exhaust.

First - the exhaust odor coming from the tail pipe is very strong. I've been around powerstorkes for years and this is stronger than any I have ever been around. the previos owner had 5" exhaust installed and there dosen't appear to be a cat of any kind.

Second - I'm only getting 13 mpg on the highway and about 9 mpg when hooked up to my toy hauler (6000 lb). I always here of people getting 15 - 17 mpg on the highway. Just wanting to know if these problems can be related and what direction I should go to try and find the problem.

I hate going to the dealer unless I run out of options. I can't stand the giving them my money if it's something that i can do myself.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
without a cat these 6.0's burn your eyes.. unless you have an injector going out... Are you sure your y-pipe and turbo are aligned?

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
do you sit in the truck while running in enclosed places or something?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts