Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P2138 p2140 i was drving going over speed but and it died check engine light came on i restarted it it came on and cut off did it one more time pushed a throttle a bit and it stayed running. On my way home ran ok i checks codes while driveing and the 2 codes showed up . there was on big hard surge felt like i tossed it to reverse but not sure. Got home checked codes and nothing showed up let is sit for a while i cranked it and let it idle..... a few times i lt wanted to die or back fire not sure rechecked codes and both of the show along woth p2285

So i have p2189 p2140 and p2285 any help or advise on what i should start with thank you

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,169 Posts
P2189 isn't a diesel code

P2138 and P2140 are throttle position codes: Correlation between the triple redundant sensors (D/E and E/F). You might need a new pedal.

P2285 is an ICP code: ICP Sensor - Circuit Low. Visually inspect the ICP sensor harness and connector for damage, corrosion, or incorrect routing. This is what you get when you disconnect the ICP.

The P2285 can cause a no-start or cause the engine to die.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P2189 isn't a diesel code

P2138 and P2140 are throttle position codes: Correlation between the triple redundant sensors (D/E and E/F). You might need a new pedal.

P2285 is an ICP code: ICP Sensor - Circuit Low. Visually inspect the ICP sensor harness and connector for damage, corrosion, or incorrect routing. This is what you get when you disconnect the ICP.

The P2285 can cause a no-start or cause the engine to die.

Sorry fat fingers it was p2138 not 89

But the issue is intermitten the truck runs fine now anything i should look at or just change parts?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,169 Posts
I don't believe you can get sensors individually, you have to buy the entire pedal assembly.

It could be wiring as much as it is the pedal. It is a critical component, that is why the sensors are triple redundant. I would want to resolve the issue, but the triple redundancy exists for reliability and safety and is enabling you to still drive it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts