Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PwrStrkin
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an 05 f250 and i let it warm up and drive, but when i stop, it dies out. it doesnt idle rough or anything, although it does smoke a little bit. It'll try and crank, but wont re fire, but if i wait about 20 minutes, then it will fire up. its almost like its being starved of fuel, but there is fuel in the fuel filter. any ideas of what it may be??

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,212 Posts
Read the codes.

Test the HPO system (easist way is to buy a Scangauge II - check ICP pressure and IPR duty cycle)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was having similar problems. Mine would start good but after I drove it a while and had to shut it off it wouldn't start back acting it wasn't getting fuel. I would let it sit for thirty min or so and it would start. It ended up being the ICP sensor. Hope this may help.

·
Registered
126 Posts
x2 need to see whats going on, could hpo oil leak? Stc fitting? When cold the oil is thicker allowing it to build pressure, when warm it thins out loses pressure and pisses you off. My 05 wouldnt start until i through a pump in it? I went through the whole hpo sytem had to be ten times taking out to the pump.... No steel shavings no torn ipr screen? Finally threw a pump in and it gave it gave it the right kick in the ass to start? some sort of fluke no leaks but no pressure? It would fall on its face at 80psi...... Everytime.... Id start by checking that hpo pressure. I have a itchy feeling ford isnt confessing something >:/

(

·
PwrStrkin
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot guys! it was my buddies truck. threw every code in the book damn near and it was just a clogged oil sensor... took it out for a drive, stood on it and ran it like hell for a few mins and let it sit overnight and haent had an issue for a couple weeks now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts