Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 6.o when driving it loses power then dies. will idle fine for hrs. all pids look good but when it goes to losing power the load pid goes from 60% or less to 99%. when load goes up is when the the truck loses power and dies. has any one had this issue that could help me?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Man I have been dealing with this on a 7.3 for the past day, and today I discovered the injectors and harness is the cause..... this is due to heat and wear in them.... only would do this after a bout an hour of running. But also look at the icp pressure. If it’s trying to maintain it, I would then start looking at your harness for your Injectors or the injectors itself..... too bad you cannot do a buzz test after it dies like I did to find this issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does the exhaust look like? What's the ICP and what's the fuel pressure?
the exhaust is clean no crazy smoking or change when it starts to die. icp pres is all norm and ill have to go back and look at fuel press. it does not have any throttle response when its going to die. have replaced fuel pump and ficm and two injectors. due to cylinder contribution test codes on number 1 and 5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts