Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine was at operating Temp. I accelerated to pull out into traffic, let off throttle for a Red Light, Engine Died . Crank No Start.

I have an Insight CTS monitor, no codes 1 week ago, P2291 after it died. ICP pressure steady at 245- 250 psi ( I Know this is a NO START Pressure ) , IPR = 85% , FICM = 1 , FICM Volt = 48.6 , when cranking.

Let me start by giving a list of everything that has been done to the Engine.

Complete Bulletproof 3,000 Miles ago. Only 69,800 on the motor at that Time. Bulletproofed as a precaution.

After Bulletproofing/installing the INSIGHT CTS , The ICP pressures were running at 780 - 800 psi at idle.

Studs , Head Gaskets, New Dummy Plugs , 12 mm Standpipes, New IPR Filter Screen and O-ring, STC Fitting Update, Blue Spring Kit, Turbo off Vanes Cleaned along with Unison Ring, Turbo Oil supply line update , Turbo Drain line update. Bulletproof Oil Relocation & External Oil Cooler.

The Engine has been strong every since Proofing, except for "Hick-ups" until all the air was purged from the HPOP OIL RAILS, on initial startup and first 50 miles.

I was thinking the IPR maybe the culprit.

What is the Norm ICP pressure at idle as stated above they were at 780-800 ?

Will a HPOP go south that quickly / instantly ?

Any Suggestions are welcomed.

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
I'm thinking ICP on a warm engine should be in the 600ish range.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
On a 2005 I don't your HPOP failed. I'd air test the HPO system, if you don't have any leaks then I would suspect the IPR.

·
Big dumb *******
4,200 Posts
85% IPR is fully shut, meaning it's keeping all the HPO in the system to maintain ICP. Like mentioned above, very possibly a leak somewhere.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
I had something like this just happened on my truck a few days ago and the garage diagnosed it as a failed IPR.
I failed IPR isn't very common and when they do the engine won't start, you'll have 250ish PSI of ICP.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So pulled the IPR , Bingo IPR screen is distorted and almost pushed / sucked into the IPR.

This is a Brand New Screen with less than 3,500 miles on it !!!!

Has anyone gotten a Defective screen and it fail this quickly ?

Here are the Pics of it .

Oil temp according to the EDGE Insight has never gotten above 209 degree .

Guess I'll be going to Ford to get a new IPR Screen Kit. At least it is a cheap fix .

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Failed screen usually caused by junk being left over from oil cooler change. If the screen has failed I would be changing the IPR though. What ever tore the screen went through the IPR and that is what is basically holding the IPR open, not allowing the truck to build oil pressure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts