Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an 05 f350 with the 6.0 about a year ago. I run a tree service so alot of heavy pulling and never a problem until now. A couple weeks ago I noticed my heat taking too long to warm up in the mornings and even after that, coming and going no matter the rpms. Then 2 days ago I pulled one of the chippers which weighs about 6k and the thing overheated on a steep incline and puked out a half gallon of coolant. I went ahead and replaced the t Stat due to it being cheap and easy to do, but low and behold it did the same thing today. Any ideas? Please don't say HG! Lol

·
Super Moderator
5,950 Posts
Head gaskets more than likely. Is the truck deleted or EGR cooler in tact?

your symptoms of heat loss/puking and overheating are textbook HG failure.

you can T in a pressure gauge on the degas bottle to radiator hose and route the gauge into the cab and drive it. Any pressure spikes on acceleration or over 15 psi HG are done. Cold motor is best measurement temperature.

·
Super Moderator
5,950 Posts
You just need a 0-30 psi gauge with a nipple on it to connect a hose. And a brass or plastic “T”
Look on top of the engine, below the intake manifold on the passenger side in the valley of the engine. You’d see a big stainless steel square tube running front to back if it’s there

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
You can also look for the EGR valve but that doesn't tell the whole story sometimes.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I highly recommend you diagnose the truck yourself with the help here. Mechanics suck and replace the wrong part while you pay for it all.

• Sad
Reactions: Jax
1 - 7 of 7 Posts