Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 6.0. It has been between -10 and 20 degrees where I am and my truck has been starting and running fine until today. I started it up and it ran for a few minutes then died. I started again and ran and quit while I was driving. I got it parked, ran to the auto parts store and bought some 911 fuel additive and some anti gel. Followed instructions on the bottles. Fired right up, got warm so I shut it off. Came back about an hour later and it wont start at all. It tries but it will not fire up. Any thoughts?

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
Yep sounds gelled up, check the filter on the frame rail. I just went through this about a week ago, got ahold of some non-winterized fuel without knowing. I used the 911 it got me home. Bout two hours later truck wouldn't start, pulled the lower fuel filter and I was still gelled up.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
It might behoove you to change out both fuel filters....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I had a buddy tow it home then plugged it in all night and threw some blankets around the engine. Came out in the morning and started right up.

·
Registered
233 Posts
you should still change both filters, that gelled fuel makes a waxy sh** coating on the filters, it never really goes away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts