Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
nope, take it off and get a "cat delete test pipe" its made to fit in place of the cat, works great, my local exhuast shop did mine but finding one that will cut it off and put pipe in is a lil hard to do, but no it wont hurt the vehicle in anyway at all

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
go for it, mine is striaght piped all the way through, no muffler, no cat, still got a resonated dp but thatll be going soon for a 4" offroad dp, 5" pipe into 6" stacks

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
ya take that cat off, do it carefully and keep it, emissions #### may come around at some point and u may want it back on who knows, it did n commiefornia anyways

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
thats awesome, u may be able to sell it to a cali member though, depends on shipping cost

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got a cat delete pipe from a buddy, but I guess it came w/ an aftermarket kit because the bolt up flange on it is flat and the flange of my downpipe (and factory cat) have like a tapered connection where they bolt together... i.e. the delete pipe wont bolt to down pipe properly... anyone seen this? the bolt pattern appears to be same. The delete pipe just has holes, factory cat has pressed in studs... anyone seen this before? I'm assuming this "delete pipe" came with an aftermarket exhaust...........??????? I think I'll just buy a whole exhaust kit instead of screwing with modding this all to fit... So if anyone needs one of the delete pipes as described above, pm me.

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
I got a cat delete pipe from a buddy, but I guess it came w/ an aftermarket kit because the bolt up flange on it is flat and the flange of my downpipe (and factory cat) have like a tapered connection where they bolt together... i.e. the delete pipe wont bolt to down pipe properly... anyone seen this? the bolt pattern appears to be same. The delete pipe just has holes, factory cat has pressed in studs... anyone seen this before? I'm assuming this "delete pipe" came with an aftermarket exhaust...........??????? I think I'll just buy a whole exhaust kit instead of screwing with modding this all to fit... So if anyone needs one of the delete pipes as described above, pm me.
Sounds like the FarmBoys Diesel kit I bought. Thing came with pipe that had different flanges on just about every piece. Had to hack the ends off of two pieces to get them to fit.

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
ill get them wen the wife gets home she has the camra in her car
I didn't see it in the thread so dont forget to remind everybody that this truck is for off road road use only.

·
reluctant ford fan
127 Posts
I recently put my cat back on, didn't notice any difference in power or mileage, but do like the quiet. I think it will stay...

·
Registered
536 Posts
I recently put my cat back on, didn't notice any difference in power or mileage, but do like the quiet. I think it will stay...
Thats why i will be keeping my muffler when i delete my cat

1 - 20 of 21 Posts