Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Out with the 6.0
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything available yet? Truck is coming apart very soon, would be the time to put a pump in

·
Registered
620 Posts
I don't believe that there is a need for it. From what I remember the pump on the 6.0 puts out 3800+ all day on the stock pump alone.

·
Canadian Powerstroker!
989 Posts
will the 6.0 pump work on a 7.3?

·
Out with the 6.0
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is one in the worxs but it will be a little while before its done.

That's kinda what I figured. I don't really need it at this point but it will be apart so would have been easy to throw in

·
Registered
620 Posts
Clue me in.. What is the need for higher than 4000+ ICP?

·
Registered
191 Posts
no need for higher pressures just more volume. That is why when you do big oil on a 7.3 there is not really more pressure but the volume is more so you can maintain icp to drive the injectors and get all the fuel you can out with the few mil. sec. we have for a window to spray the fuel

·
Registered
47 Posts
Call Elite Diesel. Tadds running a second HPOP on his. I think its a one off type a thing, but works fine.

Tim

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Tadd did have twin hpops on his truck but he kept popping spool valves. Now he is in the process of a new design, I believe joey is also trying to come up with a dual hpop setup. I believe 275s are about when the extra valume is needed.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Damn HEUI!! I thought the 6.0 had the problem licked...

Joey, chime in and enlighten us!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
The 6.0 can hande larger sticks with no need for more oil but there are so many reasons to do big oil when it is available.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Does it do what the termy does to a 7.3?

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
6.0's are maxed out on oil with about a 275 injector. You can get much larger...but all the fuel ain't coming out.

·
2Cruel
1,645 Posts
ya got to watch pressures the spoll valves are a bed desighn and like to torque up and get all out of whack, Tadd built a pump bracket and belt drove a second pump on his truck back when he was at ats but was only running a single IPR and was having injector reliability issues because of pressure. Two pumps would most definatly need two iprs in the six ohhhh's

Travis

·
Registered
620 Posts
When is she coming out and have you named it yet?

How 'bout T3?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I dont think you understood me thier joey

The spool valves bend easy, They will do it with one pump

Travis

The design of the IPR on Joey's pumps will prevent this problem. I would be willing to bet that it will work without bending spool valves.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts