Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,872 Posts
This is what drives me nuts. You're getting 16-17 going 70 with a 2wd truck. Your truck is lighter than my Ex, you have less parasitic drag with 2wd vs my 4wd, and you drive typically 10-15 MPH slower than I do. I have 285s as well....in 75-R18 flavor. 16-17 is my average, with both city and hwy factored in. When I'm doing strictly highway I get 18 usually, unless I drop my speed down to 75, and then I'm almost to 19. (these are all summer figures, of course) I just hate how inconsistent our mileages are. I realize there are a lot of variables, but it's crazy to see how wide a range we end up with.
maybe it's your tuning!
i've been saying it for years that I'm going to get an sct and a custom tune for economy and logical egr delete ... maybe next year for my birffday lol

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Go check out ecomodder.com

They have tons of stuff about Toyotas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my first 6.0. It is a an automatic cc 4x4 dually, 176wb with a flatbed and has 4.10 gears. It’s stock with 190,000 miles. I am calculating 12.5 - 12.9 mpg consistently. I don’t drive it like I am 18. I know it’s a big truck but what suggestions do you have for improvement?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got my 06 2 weeks ago, put 310 miles on it and filled it up. Mabye 60% highway. CC LB 17.7 mpg. Bone stock everything. Manual trans, 275/70/18 AT's. I was very happy with that. I just got my Archoil and put it in that fillup. Let's see if it improves even more.

I live in western Washington, we have hills. By no means ideal grounds for good mileage. I drive the speed limit, though.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts