Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best fuel mileage yall are getting out of 6.0.....tell me your stories and what you have done to the truck and what tunes if running any? I have a 2006 6.0 cc lwb king ranch on 285/65/18

·
Registered
99 Posts
Subscribed....

Wanna learn

Shawn

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 6.0 best fuel mileage with sct

dang nobody gonna tell me there mpgs and how there getting them

I

·
0 Posts
17-18 stock.. Just a "4" inch exhaust.. That's about the best your going to see out a 6.0.. Chips, intakes ect buys you nothing in mpg's.. Been there done that.. IMO, 17-18mpg out of a CCLB dually is pretty damn good for a heavy truck..

·
Registered
247 Posts
I can't get over 13, but I know I need injectors....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hard to agree with it dont improve....havent hand calculated yet but i have a 40 gal tank and before tuner id be at 3/4tank at 130 mile range and now ive been 132 and hand just cracked off F line

·
Registered
502 Posts
Was about 14 stock, around 17 with eric's tune. mine did go up? but I dont stay on the skinny pedal much any more, after the new toy wore off.LOL

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gone are you bulletproofed?

I

·
0 Posts
A lot has to with how you drive.. I get better MPG that people with a tuned truck..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
iv babied mine both ways and seems like im getting better miles from a tank tuned.....but have not hand calculated...not going by that dang lie-o-meter:peeman:eek:n that thing

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have just the mods in my signature and drive it mostly on the highway with a few stop lights, I have smaller tires than stock and drive it with IDP economy tune, and don't stand in it very often, just enough to keep the turbo cleaned, but I get 17-19mpg a lot of it depends on how you drive. I'm waiting to see what I get when we get regular diesel fuel instead of the winter blend. I have about 150,000 on the truck now.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
orrwhat are u running a tuner???

·
Diffrent Strokes
350 Posts
orrwhat are u running a tuner???
I had a SCT Livewire tuner and the milage did not change. The tranmission kept missing gears like it was going to neutral with the SCT so I went back to the Banks Six Gun tuner which a lot of people hate but I like it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
03 F250 My last tank i got 19.8 mpg with winter fuel and a little warm up time. I run PowerService fuel additive, have a toneau cover, 4-inch straight exhaust. Last summer i could get 21-22 on the highway

·
Registered
588 Posts
03 F250 My last tank i got 19.8 mpg with winter fuel and a little warm up time. I run PowerService fuel additive, have a toneau cover, 4-inch straight exhaust. Last summer i could get 21-22 on the highway
What's your cab configuration?

I never could get over 15mpg with stock tires, and I have never even checked it with since I put 35's on it a year ago. 3.73s

·
Ballin' on a Budget
1,396 Posts
A tuner doesnt help MPG? How come I get 15.5 on the interstate while stock, but with a tuner I could get 18-19?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts