Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passenger side banjo bolt is leaking fuel, so it is time to replace them. Gonna replace them both for good measure, and because the dealer only knew they had been upgraded in the past, and not specifically what kind they were.

My question is about which ones I should get. I know slapping the 6.4 bolts in was a pretty common mod in the past, but are there any better options? Has any company come out with some nice aftermarket bolts made especially for 6.0s?

Ive been eyeing up these bolts from RiffRaff that advertise "highest flow possible" https://www.riffraffdiesel.com/riffraff-diesel-high-flow-banjo-bolt-6-0l-6-4l/

is "highest flow possible" always a good thing? Would extremely high flow increase fuel consumption?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Unless you install some ridiculously large injectors and upgrade your engine beyond the realm of mere mortals, you will have more than ample flow from the 6.4 bolts. And no, you won't consume more fuel just because of the higher flow rating....they just mean that if the need is there they can flow more, but they will never flow more than what is actually being used by the engine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there any reason not to get the riff raff ones? Like is this one of those cases where OEM really does it right (with the 6.4 that is)? Otherwise, if there is no downside to the riffraff I would be willingly to spend an extra 20 bucks to support a company that I trust.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
No reason other than you're paying for more flow than you could ever use. lol But, if you don't mind supporting them for a great product, go for it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts