Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say that I love my powerstroke. I have a 07 with 150k miles on it. I bought it when it had 80k. It had never been in a shop before the purchase and is still running strong. I have been running matts srl and now running Vivians looney wild. Overall I definitely like this truck more than my old 07 cummins I had! Just thought id share my thoughts haha

·
Registered
449 Posts
Me too! Nice to hear man!

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Dude I love my 6.0. Definitely a motor that can hold up to a lot, besides the head gaskets but once you stud it your good. I just love how much abuse the bottom ends can hold up to, un like a 7.3.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's crazy how much crap these motors get and get talked down on but there really a stout motor

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have seen them run 700,000 mile and still going.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
thanks for posting

bought my 06 at 20 k and now at 70k
Matts tunes got the dealer to do studs

this truck has less down time(4 days total in 2.5 years ) than my brand new 2500 HD gm (10 days)

·
Registered
17 Posts
if you dont mind me asking how much did it run you to get the studs put in at a dealer? thinking about getting it done.

·
Registered
756 Posts
The 07's are awesome, just under 70,000 miles on mine and not a single failure! (knock on wood)

·
Registered
918 Posts
I ran the dog chit out of my 04 with an extreme street tune as a daily driver and after a year and a half it finally blew the gaskets the only failure other that that was the clutch got toasted on the 4th day LOL but that was just the factory clutch I traded it in for the 06. The funny thing is the local diesel community that thought the only good diesel is the 5.9 or the 7.3 now alot of them drive a 6.0 because they saw how bad I beat on my truck and it held together LOL

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
if you dont mind me asking how much did it run you to get the studs put in at a dealer? thinking about getting it done.
under Fords warranty I paid for studs and 2 hrs extra shop time :postwhore2:
I also made them do the Bulletproof EGR cooler and oil cooler for free :eek:

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I like my 6.0 but I certainly wouldn't recommend any of my friends to buy one, especially if they don't want to work on their truck all the time.

Had mine about 4 years, it's spent over 4 months at the dealership. Most of that is the dealers fault, but still.

I'm still not giving up on mine though, but it has been a long learning curve.

·
Registered
756 Posts
^agreed I love mine but wouldn't recommend one unless you want to spend either a lot of time on the internet doing research or a lot of time in the service center's waiting room. If you want these things to be reliable you got to know all the little finicky things you can and can't do.

·
Sarcastic Bastard
422 Posts
6.0 and 6.4's are hit or miss. The flaws are in the attention to detail. International QC spec's suck. I've had the original motor blow up, and 4 remans grenade. Similar issues and some different ( broken rod, with stock programming ). That's the reason I have undertaken the Fummins conversion. Love the truck, hate the motor.

·
Caterpillar Tech.
117 Posts
Definately like my 6.0......untill i have to work on it lol

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Definately like my 6.0......untill i have to work on it lol
I used to say that too, but try working on a duramax. Or a 6.4. Or any of the new ones. Really the 6.0 isn't that bad to turn wrenches on, for a V8 diesel. Compared to a cummins, yes it sucks.

·
Caterpillar Tech.
117 Posts
I used to say that too, but try working on a duramax. Or a 6.4. Or any of the new ones. Really the 6.0 isn't that bad to turn wrenches on, for a V8 diesel. Compared to a cummins, yes it sucks.
I know i use to work for cummins

1 - 20 of 23 Posts