Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recieved our final prototype damper and was test fit today! Very nice product! They are in production right now and will be released in 2 weeks.

We are now taking deposits for orders. $100 minimum deposit. full price of $450 to paid in full before shipping.

Please call for orders or questions. Thanks.

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
We recieved our final prototype damper and was test fit today! Very nice product! They are in production right now and will be released in 2 weeks.

We are now taking deposits for orders. $100 minimum deposit. full price of $450 to paid in full before shipping.

Please call for orders or questions. Thanks.
:blah:

:D

·
Registered
475 Posts
Do I get a better break since I donated a stock damper to get this developed? I dealt with DI when I sent it in.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Do I get a better break since I donated a stock damper to get this developed? I dealt with DI when I sent it in.
You will have to check with DI on that.

We have been working with ATI on this damper along with the 6.4 damper for about a year now.

The 6.4 damper is not to far out as well.

Unlike the 7.3 damper this setup does not require any additional pulleys or modifications need to be made to install

·
Registered
475 Posts
;) Ok I will check with the boss and probably get in on this cause I don't feel like dealing with DI.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
so is the ati damper going to have the same "alleged" failure on the 6.0 as is "alleged" with the fluidamper? something about the lpop gear breaking or something like that?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Exactly...

If the Fluidamper is NFG, then isn't this the same thing, only in a different "Housing"?

Your saying it's still a "Prototype"....soooo how much actual "testing" has been done? And was it done on a STOCK engine, or a highly modded one?

How long do we have to wait for this to be released, cuz I'm still waiting for the Procharger kits to be 100% done.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Exactly...

If the Fluidamper is NFG, then isn't this the same thing, only in a different "Housing"?

Your saying it's still a "Prototype"....soooo how much actual "testing" has been done? And was it done on a STOCK engine, or a highly modded one?

How long do we have to wait for this to be released, cuz I'm still waiting for the Procharger kits to be 100% done.
From what I understand ATI uses a different setup and its not the fluid that is sitting inside the damper. I would be willing to use this on mine due to the fact that these same type of dampers have been used on many high power and stock mustangs, along with the other brand motors.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I thought according to the adds in the magazines on this it's lighter than the factory dampner, if so wouldn't it make it less prone to breaking the lpop than the fluiddampner which weighed more than the stock one?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Here is what I think: If you get your entire rotating assembly balanced, that is, pistons, rods, crank, flywheel, and dampner, why would you stick something on that does not weigh the same as the balanced assembly? It was all balanced as one whole assembly, (The flywheel, crank, and dampner) By changing one of these components, it is no longer balanced properly.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is what I think: If you get your entire rotating assembly balanced, that is, pistons, rods, crank, flywheel, and dampner, why would you stick something on that does not weigh the same as the balanced assembly? It was all balanced as one whole assembly, (The flywheel, crank, and dampner) By changing one of these components, it is no longer balanced properly.
Actually your wrong. they are lighter in total weight than a stock damper. But they have the same offset weight as the factory damper. So you will not disturb any balancing at all by putting this on.

We had one on a truck for about 3 months. With no issues at all. This will not destroy your LPOP.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
But the stock damper usually has a little bit of material removed, or attached...it's not JUST thrown back on.

I may be wrong...but, it's my opinion.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But the stock damper usually has a little bit of material removed, or attached...it's not JUST thrown back on.

I may be wrong...but, it's my opinion.

Thats because the stock damper is a cast piece. when they come out of a molding they all arent going to weigh the same untill they are balanced properly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts