Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 6.0 and it needed the obligatory egr and oil cooler, as well as HPOP fitting. Everything went well until...!!!

I needed to get the hpop cover off and it wouldn't budge. I stuck a screwdriver in the large oil tube that goes directly into the HPOP reservoir. I pried a bit and POP! A piece of the cast iron tube broke off and went straight into the HPOP reservoir!!!!

I figured out too late, that some worthless being put silicon sealant all under the reservoir lid and it is stuck!! It will not come off, I will make it come off, but that piece of cast iron that fell in, is that going to go down inside my engine and destroy everything, or...?

What do I do? I have plenty of experience working on diesels, this is new.

The piece that broke off was about 1/4"x1/4"

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
I think 1/4-1/4 might be big enough to not make it all the way through everything, but that's a best guess. I would be willing to bet however that even if it didn't go through and tear stuff up it would at least find a way to cause a blockage. Bottom line if it happend to me I would be certain to get it out somehow.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Call my mechanic his name is mike 214-451-8209

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Call mike he will tell you what to do he is still at the shop and will answer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called your mechanic. He answered everything. That's a great guy! Thank you. Its not fixed yet, but I have the knowledge I need to get it taken care of.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
He is the $hit!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts