Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shuts down while moving. When put in neutral (still moving), starts up and runs great, Took to a good shop for the same issue but then it would not startt while rolling had to stop. Then I it would start immediately. Back then it happened twice in500-600 miles. They found low psi and replaced fuel psi regulator. Have about 100 miles on it; happened again but started while rolling in neutral. Was in drive, at idle, driving slowly whey it shut down.

I’m taking it back but added thoughts are appreciated. It through no codes on a Ford VCM scanner the first time.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's exactly what mine did about a month ago. I decided to learn about the 6.0.. Bought an AE scanner, and stared gathering data. What I've found is that I have some sort of high pressure oil issue. Cold, I make about 3800psi, but warm, it won't get above 2700. ICP tracks nicely with IPR until that 2700psi mark and then IPR just runs away with no change in ICP.

Given that this engine hasn't been open since the STC was replaced at about 50K, and now sits at 190K, it could be the HPOP (unlikely on a 2006), dummy plugs (likely), or an IPR (likely and easier to pull out and take a look). That I'll do this weekend, assuming it doesn't snow as forecasted.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,070 Posts
Just keep in mind that no 2004 has the STC fitting. They ALL have the old style pump.

+1 one on wanting to see data.

I would add (cranking data to start with) ICP volts, FICM MPower, LPower, and VPower to the list (in addition to ICP pressure and IPR %Duty Cycle when cranking).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My truck again showed no codes at the best diesel shop in town. They had corrected a low fuel pressure issue last time. Did find a turbo boot torn which solved a low power issue. Drives like new.

They didn’t want to throw parts at the shutdown problem unless it happens again.

Likely an early model 04.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Need data , without it it’s difficult to draw any conclusions. Could be as simple as a FICM relay dying ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts