Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 f250 with the 6.0. About 2 months ago I put a new tranny in it built of course. But here recently it's been down shifting hard 1-3. And also some time usually 1-3 it will stutter wile shifting. And once in awile throws it's self in over drive early like around 47 mph.. Is this a solenoid problem? Or should I try to retune my transmission? Thanks

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
downshifting or upshifting?? With very light throttle it should go in to O/D converter lockup over 45 mph.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Is that when you go to accelerate or coming to a stop it downshifts hard? What gear does it studder? 2-3 or 3-5?

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,131 Posts
1-3 is an UPshift, not a downshift. I think that's what is confusing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3-1 when I am coasting to a stop it down shifts hard. And 1-3 wile driving every now and then it's like it gets dead peddle for a couple seconds then goes again. From 2-3 is when it wants to fall on its face the most. But also happens in first and second..

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
The 2703 is telling you there is an issue with the direct clutch. You may have more than a solenoid issue. Have you removed trans pan to inspect for metal? My trans was getting stuck in third coming to a stop, and sometimes (not very often) had a problem with the 2-3 shift. I replaced 2 solenoids (EPC and INT clutch), removed and took apart valve body and cleaned everything including all the other solenoids. So far, my issues are gone (fingers crossed). Its been about 250 miles.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dropping the pan on her Tuesday when my solenoid comes in.. Gonna flush the tranny to.. Put all new fluid in it.. What can I use to clean up the other solenoids and stuff with out damaging stuff.. Brake cleaner or maybe carb cleaner?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Buy alot of brake cleaner. You'll need the solenoid body and valve body gasket also. I'd recommend changing the inline and in pan filters also.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We'll changed all filters cleaned my valve body very well with several cans of brake cleaner.. Replaced epc solenoid and direct solenoid. Put fresh fluid in her.. And we'll the tranny shifts awesome. It shifts better now than it has in months.( knock on wood) finally my built tranny shifts like it should! Thanks fellas for the help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts