Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**About a year ago I noticed a decline in fuel economy but I contributed that to a larger tire and didn't think twice about it.
**6 months ago the struck started to have 5th gear flare under hard acceleration.
**1 month ago 5th gear flare was so bad I started lifting so the shift would engage, shifting from Park to reverse and drive also became delayed. I also noticed a stutter/Slippage going into reverse
This past week the transmission slammed 5th gear went into limp mode Code P0766.
**My new D solenoid arrived I put it in with fresh fluid and reflash the transmission. The shifts became real erratic, I tested the original solenoid with an ohmmeter and it tested fine so I put it back in. Having the same problems that did before. Now its hung up in 5th gear, I shifted to neutral back to drive it went into first I accelerated it shifted 1-2-3-4. Came to a red light it shifted 3-2-3-1-2. Now it only shifts 1-2

I have no new codes and I'm starting to suspect the computer. Is it all part of the PCM(no seperate TCM?)

I've ordered a high pressure gauge to try and test the transmission.

Any advice? Or Questions?

06 F250 212k
Bought it from plow truck at 150k.

Bulletproof the entire motor. New injectors glow plugs wiring harness. New ficm&power supply. New front and rear axels + lockers & drive shafts 3 inch lift w/35s, fuel pump The only thing I haven't touched is the transmission and the turbo
**Sorry for the book just trying to provide as much information as possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New update. Reflashed the transmission to my hot tune. It seems to at least shift 1-2-3-4 in limp mode. Still waiting on my pressure gauge.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
It needs to be rebuilt. Nothing else will fix that. Where are you located

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,143 Posts
This past week the transmission slammed 5th gear went into limp mode Code P0766.
**My new D solenoid arrived I put it in with fresh fluid and reflash the transmission. The shifts became real erratic, I tested the original solenoid with an ohmmeter and it tested fine so I put it back in. Having the same problems that did before.
Of course, you have the same problems. You put a bad shift solenoid back in, so it will continue to cause problems.

P0766 means the solenoid is sticking. You can't measure that with an ohmmeter, it will test fine but it won't work. This code means the armature in the solenoid does not move when commanded.

Was the new solenoid a stock one, or one of the modified ones that I've seen on the 'net? I have heard of a lot of erratic operation with the modified solenoids.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course, you have the same problems. You put a bad shift solenoid back in, so it will continue to cause problems?

Was the new solenoid a stock one, or one of the modified ones that I've seen on the 'net? I have heard of a lot of erratic operation with the modified solenoids.
It was aftermarket, I have a set of OEM ones in the mail. I put the old one back in because the transmission was completely erratic with the aftermarket unit in the trans.

I pressure tested the tranny as well and all the levels are spot on. With the exception of ideal pressure bouncing between 50 and 80.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts