Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 F250 Superduty with a 5R110W sitting behind a 180 HP 12 valve 5.9 Cummins. The Ford converter is stalling in the 1900-2200 range and getting pretty crappy mileage in the city. I am about to pull the trans due to a bad leak at the bellhouseing (could be a cracked converter)

What low stall torque converter are you guys running with your 5R110W and what stall are you getting?

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I run a stock converter in my Cummins/5R110 1996 E-SuperDuty and it works great. If your converter is OK, you may just need some tuning on the lockup points.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Stock converter is ok but the stall is not ideal. Im in the middle of building a new 5r110, Revmax is making me a low stall converter, should get it in a week or so.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What is the stall speed of the new converter?
Let us know how it works.

Not sure exactly, Im guessing around 1600. Judging from my datalogs, thats when it reaches full TCC pressure (110psi). Its a much better match for the Cummins powerband. Not that the stocker is terrible like a stock Dodge one, but its still not perfect for a Cummins.

So far I really like it. I also rebuilt my trans with the usual extra cluch packs, and I also did a billet input and intermediate shaft. Trans rebuild was alot easier than everyone online made it seem. Just need to check the clearances with a feeler guage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts