Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My transmission has started to show signs it's on the way out (delayed engagement of some gears, flare in 3-5, etc) so I'm going to start building one now (gradually as I can afford the parts) and hope I'm done by the time the tranny goes out. I have been doing some homework, talking to the right folks, etc (for instance I know to find an '05 or up version for the beefier internals) but one thing which has never come up is a valve body upgrade. Is this a recommended thing or is this like a band-aid for a stock transmission which hasn't been rebuilt/upgraded? HERE is an example of what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Reactions: Jax

· Super Moderator
6,029 Posts
Honestly I wouldn’t spend money on that. Change the gaskets with new, check the manual valve and bore for wear, and you can get a o ringed end plug kit somewhere else cheaper. Most of the work is done in the pump for improvements. If you want you could just pick up sonnax 36940-22 and put that in unless you find something very worn in the valve bore and need an oversized valve

Spend the money on new OEM solenoids instead. Even for big power (700-800) there would be very little changes done to solenoid body. Most of the work for that would be done within the pump, billet parts, increased clutch count, etc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts