Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all is involved in swapping a NV4500 in place of a 5R110? I know I need clutch pedal assembly, clutch, hydros, but what about adapting it to a 6.0? And adapting it to an electris xfer case? Is there anything that would make an NV5600 a better swap?

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
what are you doing with your old 5r100?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure yet. Havent decided if I want to build it or swap to manual trans just kinda weighin my options. Its actin upanyway I'm just tryin to decide what to do.

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
Not sure on the difference in dodge tranny's as far as nv4500 or nv5600 or whatever but why not a zf6? I heard they are tougher tranny's anyway. My buddy has had numerous troubles with his 6 speed (whatever trans that is) falling out of gear and he even got a new/remanufactured tranny and it still eventually started doing tha same thing. And he just has a hypertech programmer i beleive. Im not trying to argue. Curiosity got the best of me is all

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've thought about a ZF6 but figured I will prob do a Cummins swap down the road and didnt want to have to do the tranny twice. I will look into it thought. I just have real easy access to a NV4500 right now.

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
Oh ok well that makes sense! There are adapter plates for a zf6 to a cummins i know that. If that helps. Not sure about adapters for a dodge tranny to a 6.0 or any powerstroke for that matter.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya i know Destroked makes the plates for the Cummins so I guess I will jave to go with a ZF6 if I do a manual swap.

My truck has adjustable pedals....Will I lose that if I swap a manual tanny in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts