Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Word
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done this swap ? What parts are needed and how much ?

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
What replace a rock solid trans with a junk Allison?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
CRAP

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Has anybody done this swap ? What parts are needed and how much ?
HotRodTractor is piecing together a 7.3/Alli setup, but he said it won't be running very soon.

Putting an Alli in is going to be big $$, number one because you'll need to build it if you want it to hold, and number two the adapter plate and other needed parts are not cheap.

I would figure $10k or so to start, it depends on how strong you build the Alli and how much hlp you need getting it wired and everything fabbed to put it in. It's not anywhere near a cut and dry project.

Dave

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
:badidea:

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
:badidea:
I wouldn't say that. I have helped put an Alli behind a Cummins in a Dodge and it was alot nicer to drive afterwards for being a Dodge.

We considered this project for my truck at one point, but at that time there wasn't anyone making the adapter plate, and I couldn't justify the cost vs. having a BTS built.

Dave

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
I wouldn't say that. I have helped put an Alli behind a Cummins in a Dodge and it was alot nicer to drive afterwards for being a Dodge.

We considered this project for my truck at one point, but at that time there wasn't anyone making the adapter plate, and I couldn't justify the cost vs. having a BTS built.

Dave
just alot of money when something could be stronger and cheaper my .02

·
Registered
14,569 Posts

Dave
Was the Dodge a 5 speed auto before hand?

What benefit does the Allison have over the 5R110, other than a single gear?

·
Word
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It has a nice spin on filter....lol I was just wondering if anybody had done it and if so were there advantages or disadvantages to it...I'm def. not going to do it, just thought I would get your blood pressure up a little...lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts