Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I have searched and searched but couldn't find anything that really matches my problems. Ill try and keep this as organized as possible. The problem started out as just issue #1, then after I replaced the batteries it started doing 1,2,3 and 4. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! Ill try to answer any questions to the best of my ability.

Codes: po700, po766, p1000, p2700, p2701,p2703 (there have been a few more but they haven't come back)

Issues:

1. converter doesn't always lock and it trips the flashing tow/haul (will only shift up to 5th gear at this point)
2. after coming to a stop, the truck will be in neutral when I try to take off
3. when stopped, my edge cts will say its in 1st gear, then go to 2nd, then 5th without the truck moving
4. after giving it some throttle, the truck will SLAM into gear ( usually 5th) then after moving 20 feet or so, drop down to 1st and go through the gears as normal.
5. the last time I used reverse, the truck would not rev up at all (even though I pushed the throttle pedal down) it would only idle backwards. Reved up fine in neutral immediately after this issue.

What ive done so far:
1. Replaced both batteries ( old ones were on their last leg)
2. Replaced both filters and changed 9 quarts of fluid
3. Put in the PTP solenoid I had for the direct drive.

this is what the pan looked like:

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,131 Posts
What fluid did you use?

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,131 Posts
My guess is that the PCM is getting bad data. That will make it shift without the truck moving. You need a tool that allows you to look at live data when it's acting up. Watch the signals from all five speed sensors (engine, turbine, intermediate, output, and vehicle speed.)

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
AE should be able to using the Transmission Controller

sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright I finally got AE. I hooked it up and had no idea what to look for! Haha. I was able to find the vehicle speed, output, intermediate, and input. I don't really know what to do with this data though. The vehicle speed didn't really register though, the highest number I saw was .2 or .22 something like that. I imagine that isn't what its actually supposed to be. My speedometer works fine inside the truck.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well after hooking to my friends 6.0 I found that the vehicle speed did the same thing on his truck, so I guess that's not the issue.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,131 Posts
I've never used an AE. I don't know how to use it to look at data. When I was doing that for a living I had a different program that let me look at ANYTHING going on in the PCM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts