Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
32,990 Posts
if a stock 6.0 is at the limit 325 hp 570 ft lb tq
what about a stock 6.4 350 hp 650 ft lb tq

they are the same internals but the converter is different correct ?

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Good question Zmann :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great! Thanks! Just wanted to run a small set of sticks and a power max. Didn't want to have to a complete built trans yet. .

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,142 Posts
if a stock 6.0 is at the limit 325 hp 570 ft lb tq
what about a stock 6.4 350 hp 650 ft lb tq

they are the same internals but the converter is different correct ?
No, the internals are different. The gearset and some other parts that I don't recall were beefed up for the 6.4L.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Mark, a man would be hard pressed to find a better post regarding the 5R110's, and Ive tried.
That post has made me seriously caused me to rethink my whole approach to custom tuning and early lockup, especially when utilizing the OD button as manual lock, as I do constantly now with the current tune I'm running, and gave me a complete new appreciation for all those guys (and Gal) dispensing custom files for trucks typically they never see or even have a decent bio of what they are tuning. But with all that , one has to agree, even with the swap shifting, one can't deny these trannys are some kind of resilient. How I've not stacked, tied up, locked down this tranny is truly pretty amazing. Makes me appreciate Charlie and Chris at TSD all the more as mine honestly has never ran better, stock, canned , or custom tuned.
Great post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 29 of 29 Posts