Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
super tuner
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive put about 1500 miles on my truck since I bought it,loved it since the day I test drove it. No issues with the truck at all other than this one thing Ive noticed. When stock tune is loaded, or street tune is loaded the transmission shifts beautiful,operates like it should. But when I load the hot race tune on it, just cruising at light throttle it will shift 1-2 fine then 2-3 it sounds like I took the shifter moved it into neutral then back to drive. The RPM's jump up and it feels like the truck was placed in neutral then after a couple seconds it will upshift. Ive had it a couple times where it will do it, then do it again immediately after. Is this just because of the tune? truck seems very touchy I guess you could say when this tune is loaded, seems like it hunts for gears and if I go WOT it will rip through the gears quick and bog the engine, tcc will lock up RPM's drop then it will downshift and shift hard then go back to normal. Never in stock file or street file though. Any thoughts? Thinking of dumping this crappy hot race tune for a looney tune file from Quick tricks.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,133 Posts
Yes, that's the tune causing your problem.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Get the raped ape tune from drew at back road performance $50 shifts are on point

·
super tuner
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like I'll be doing some shopping on there. Gonna pick up a FICM tuner as well. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I did the innovative ficm tuner $349 it's easy to work and will read codes my sct won't . It comes with a performance and heat induction tune. Adds around 25hp but makes throttle response and boost a lot better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts