Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have 2006 f250 powerstroke with 5r110 tranny and the 3-5 shift is scaring me it revs real high then slams into gear would this be the selenoid that's going bad?

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Or direct drive clutches are toasted. Does it delay going into reverse at all? Where are you located?

·
Registered
120 Posts
No delay at all going into reverse. .but it slams hard even on partial throttle it revs up and then slams into gear..in the 3 to 5 shift..I am in new iberia Louisiana. .

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
You can try replacing the DD solenoid. Is that the only shift you're having issues with? As Zmann said, any programmers?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm sorry I should have reiterated that yes I have a programmer I was a running an sct livewire. .but now I have an edge evolution. ..but it's not the programmer the tranny does the same thing running stock..does it when cold or hot...thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
You can try replacing the DD solenoid. Is that the only shift you're having issues with? As Zmann said, any programmers?
Hey guys bought a direct drive selenoid from empire diesel and installed it today. .new fluid and filters and it shifts like a new tranny...so that was the problem. ..thanks for all the input and help everyone. ..

·
Registered
120 Posts
I should have knocked on wood when I posted that last post it's kind of doing the same thing still...it's shuttering when its going from 3 to 5 shift not as bad so the new selenoid has helped it..

·
Registered
120 Posts
I should have knocked on wood when I posted that last reply.. the new selenoid has helped. ..it's now shuddering on the 3to 5 shift..not like before where it was revving up high and slamming in gear...I don't know what's going on

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Direct drive is probably done. Those modified solenoids are band aids for worn clutches, so to speak. And when you say shuttering, do you mean slipping? Or hesitating to go into gear? All of those, especially with a new solenoid, indicates a clutch issue. Those generic tuners are not kind to these transmissions. They do nothing to change the transmission strategy with the added engine power. Sent you a PM to not derail this thread.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Sorry for the delayed response. Like stated above the Modified Solenoid is more a preventative piece. Unfortunately if the 3-5 shift issues came back after due time then more then likely is was not caught soon enough.

·
Kenner, LA
322 Posts
I have an 03 with now 11,500 on the clock. Innovative diesel extreme street tune. Is this still a recommended part? Will this cause issues with towing. Heavy towing. Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I have an 03 with now 11,500 on the clock. Innovative diesel extreme street tune. Is this still a recommended part? Will this cause issues with towing. Heavy towing. Thanks
Yes it is a must have when running custom tunes or aggressive tuning. It is recommended to do the install of the product before failures the product is more based towards preventative maintenance.

·
Kenner, LA
322 Posts
I`ll be ordering then. Thanks.

What are the pros and cons on heavy towing with this. I mean, will I be snapping u-joints on I-10 when I have 28k hanging off the rear? And before anyone chimes in, I`m well aware of weight capacities. But that weight does happen now and then.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts